Our Shrinking Sun

A Russian, an American, and a woman of undetermined hair colour were talking. The Russian said, “We were first in space!”  The American said, “We were first on the moon!”  The woman said, “So what, we’re going to be the first on the sun!”  The Russian and the American looked at each other, shaking their heads and saying, “You can’t land on the sun, you idiot! You’ll burn up!  To which the woman replied, “We’re not stupid, you know.  We’re going to the sun at night!”

The Bible says in Genesis 1:16, And God made two great lights; the greater light (sun)  to rule the day, and the lesser light (moon) to rule the night…  According to noted astronomer, John Eddy,  and renown mathematician, Aram Boornnazian, both of the Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics and High Altitude Observatory in Boulder, Colorado, the earth’s sun is losing 5 feet of its diameter every hour.  To put it another way, the sun shrinks about 1% per millennium (1,000 years).  Now, if the earth is as young as creationists say it is (6,000 years), then the sun is currently 94% of its original size.  But if the sun existed 100,000 years ago, it would have been double its present size.  20,000,000 years ago, the sun would have been so large, it would have actually been touching the earth.  But evolution speaks in terms of billions of years.

The bottom line?  Clearly, in the origin of the universe  debate, the fact of the shrinking sun takes the heat off the creationist and leaves the evolutionist out in the cold.
SUN STATS

● The sun is our nearest star at 93,000,000 miles away.  The next closest is 23,673,277,682 miles in distance.

● The sun is about 100 times the size of the earth.  You could fit well over a million of our earths inside the sun.

● The sun is amazingly almost a perfect sphere, with just a 10 km difference between its height and its width.

● The sun’s core temperature is 15,000,000 degrees Celsius and its surface temperature is 5,500 Celsius.

● The sun is completely gaseous apart from some trace minerals, meaning that there is no solid surface on it.

● The sun contains 98% of all the mass in our solar system with all the rest, including earth, the other 2%.

● The sun’s bright light and warm rays take about eight minutes to travel the 93,000,000 mile trip to earth.

● The sun is like a continually exploding hydrogen bomb, made up of 74% hydrogen and 26% helium.

● The sun’s gravity pull is twenty-eight times that of earth, meaning we’d be 28 times heavier on the sun.

● The sun in size can be compared to a giant beach ball with Jupiter being a golf ball and the earth a little pea.

● The sun’s energy output per second equals exploding 100,000,000,000 tons of dynamite every second.

● The sun is the fourth brightest star, with the most brilliant star ten million times brighter (i.e., in radiance, as the sun is to the moon so this star is to the sun.)